Why study MSc Advanced Clinical Practice at BU?
- Advanced Clinical Practitioners are experienced clinicians with expertise in their scope of practice, managing defined episodes of clinical care independently, from beginning to end
- Build on your current registrant level of practice through academic and workplace-based learning, to attain advanced clinical practice competencies and capabilities, in-line with nationally recognised advanced level criteria (Health Education England)
- Extend your critical thinking, analytical and reflective skills, and integrate new, as well as enhance existing clinical practice skills, knowledge and competence, within your practice setting
- Gain the skills to support the provision of high-quality healthcare through a more autonomous, independent practice role within the multi-disciplinary healthcare team
- 2 pathways available: if you are a nurse, you will undertake the MSc Advanced Clinical Practice (Advanced Nurse Practitioner) qualification; if you are an allied health professional, pharmacist, midwife, healthcare scientist or other registered non-medical healthcare professional then the MSc Advanced Clinical practice is appropriate for you, in supporting your advanced clinical practice role.
Please note: Applications for the apprenticeship route must be made via an employer - therefore prospective apprentices should be employed in a healthcare role and have the support of their employer. We also offer a standard Master’s degree route for MSc Advanced Clinical Practice and MSc Advanced Clinical Practice (Advanced Nurse Practitioner).
This course is accredited by Health Education England’s (HEE) Centre for Advancing Practice. This means that the course has been deemed to meet the capabilities and standards set out in HEE's (2017) Multi-professional framework for advanced clinical practice in England and HEE's (2020) Standards for Education and Training (SET) regarding generic advanced practice competencies and skills. Practitioners who successfully complete this programme will be eligible to apply for a Centre for Advancing Practice 'Advanced' digital badge.
Explore our facilities
Next start date:
February 2023, June 2023.
Bournemouth University, Lansdowne campus
Three years, part time
Centre for Advancing Practice
A Bachelors Honours degree with minimum 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent.
You must have been registered with your respective statutory regulator of health and care professions (i.e. NMC, HCPC), for a minimum of 3 years and provide proof of current registration.
Level 2 English and Maths. If you do not hold this you must complete this level prior to applying for the MSc Advanced Clinical Practice Apprenticeship.
International entry requirements:
If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence that you can understand English to a satisfactory level. English language requirements for this course are normally IELTS (academic) 7.0 or above with minimum 7.0 in each component.